Click the "CLICK HERE FOR MORE" link at the end of each entry for the rest of the story, photo slideshows, and more!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Old Time Radio is a great way to melt your commute away

“Her sweater was cut in the shape of a ‘V’. And she liked capital letters.”

“His brain was just big enough to drop through the hole of a Life Saver.”

“When she walked in it would give you a warm feeling. Like a melted cheese sandwich.”

Where can you get a steady diet of brilliant gems like these? In the hard-boiled world of Old Time Radio (OTR), of course.

I didn’t grow up in the 1940s, but I was given my grandparent’s 1947 Philco Model 48-1256 when I was a kid. Back then, there was an AM station in Kansas City that would still play OTR shows on occasion, and there was something about hearing those broadcasts coming out of that radio that really appealed to me.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment